Club Zoa Spotlight! darth mauls!

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
7,691
Reaction score
3,996
Location
miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess this is an oldie but barely no one has it because they are melters. I had mine very high in the tank and they looked amazing but when I changet to LEDs they melted on me. Share your experiences with this awesome zoa.
8099753952_cbfb6d5223_o.jpg
 
I've had a couple polyps for a few months. Can't get them to grow yet.
 
They do great to about a 30 plus polyp colony, cut them to have back ups or to donate to someone, then that colony and frag melt right away... happend more times that I can remember so I stopped collecting these specific polyps.
 
I had them for a while and will try again... first got them they did great. Over growing other near by zoas. I spilt the colony one cluster high, one low.. even gave some to a friend. 20 gallon under t-5s.. buddy's tank 30 with l.e.d.s... well then they started melting after like a year.. his too.. same time.. all were lost except one polyp in my tank. Figured where it was 3/4 the way down somewhat shaded. I figured needs more light and flow... I was right started lookin great and even sprouted 2 babies... I was so happy! Then nitrate spike cuz I ran outta salt til payday after rent got paid. Did barrow salt from said buddy but wasn't enuff.. and they were gone :( with my new wisdom along with bigger tank in the works, I will try again... since I've got an Adonis and that one did fine thru another spike... got 2 new ones emerging and will sprout n e day now :) Adonis even tho are way more expensive at $200pp at this point seems to be a lil more forgiving.
 
Utter chaos, chaquitas, pink elephants and others also lived thru both nitrate spikes happy to say! Space monsters, 2 types of lunar destroyers and blue hippos did not :( I absolutely hate buying the same corals again.... but dang nabbit... I loved those so much, the hell with the money, I want another Crack at growing those beauties.. they give me pleasure lol
 
We have a number of polyps that are similar but here are the best, newer frag so we will see how they do.

uploadfromtaptalk1408615463042.jpg
 
Anything with "maul" is tough in my book. Darths are TOUCHY! I've lost 3 frags of them but my 4th is doing well! Knock on wood.
 
i got these from WWC when they had their sale. pictures do not do these guys justice. i hope they don't melt. i'm basically waiting for them to since i've heard of so many bad experiences with them.
DarthMauls.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top