Color loss in my acroporas please help

KÜRŞAT

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2019
Messages
102
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am experiencing color loss in the acropora I put in my tank, what could be the reason?
The dimensions of my tank are 24''x20''x20''
Lighting 2 radion xr30 g4 pro 2nd radion added 2 days ago, both of them work in 50% sps ab+ mode,I was running it in 70% SPS AB+ mode with only one radion.

my nutrient levels; CA 415 - MG 1320 - KH 7.5 - NO3 5-10 PO3 0.05-0.1 between

newest piece is 4 months old

My tank is 2 years old, I use the tropic marine balling method and add 1 ml of elements A and K every day.
I do a 10% water change every week.

acro 2.jpg acro 3.jpg acro 4.jpg acro1.jpg
 
Last edited:
I will do it as soon as possible
 
That's a lot of light for a small tank why add the second light 2 days ago if everything was ok?
 
I missed the part about the second light being added two days ago. I wouldn’t make any more changes for a couple months as it may take a little while to notice a change.
 
Bir ICP testi düşünebilirsiniz. Genellikle daha yüksek PO4 sorununuza neden olabilir ancak bahsettiğiniz aralık çok yüksek değildir.

That's a lot of light for a small tank why add the second light 2 days ago if everything was ok?
Assuming that the par level might be low, I added the 2nd lighting because there is no access to the par meter where I live.
 
Turn the lights up more! Or run them longer..I can’t tell if they’re mariculture pieces or not but if they are that’s normal then.
I missed the part about the second light being added two days ago. I wouldn’t make any more changes for a couple months as it may take a little while to notice a change.
I am currently using 2 xr30 g4 pro 9 inches high in 50% SPS AB+ mode. Do you think it's good?
 
I am currently using 2 xr30 g4 pro 9 inches high in 50% SPS AB+ mode. Do you think it's good?
Should be fine.. I saw you added a second one! That’s a small tank so it’s prolly over kill! Just make sure they don’t lighten up and if they do turn them down! The g4 is a different beast than the 6 and I believe much better honestly. The 6 is trash if you ask me.
 
Should be fine.. I saw you added a second one! That’s a small tank so it’s prolly over kill! Just make sure they don’t lighten up and if they do turn them down! The g4 is a different beast than the 6 and I believe much better honestly. The 6 is trash if you ask me.
I agree, I did not use gen 6, but I used gen 5, but I did not like it, so I sold it and bought 2 g4 pro, in my opinion, it is the best lighting ecotech has ever made.
 
Assuming that the par level might be low, I added the 2nd lighting because there is no access to the par meter where I live.
You have no par problems with a single XR30 on that size tank. I use 2 XR15s on my 36x22x22 tank and grow SPS. The 15s are weak compared to the 30.

Try the free photone app on your phone. I compared it to a par meter and it's fairly accurate for par level at the water surface.
 
You have no par problems with a single XR30 on that size tank. I use 2 XR15s on my 36x22x22 tank and grow SPS. The 15s are weak compared to the 30.

Try the free photone app on your phone. I compared it to a par meter and it's fairly accurate for par level at the water surface.
What is the name of the application?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top