Coming Back To Life... 75g Deepblue Rimless

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2012
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
1,218
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a near death tragedy/disaster and the loss of my tank just a week and halfish ago, my new tank was just delivered. Luckily, all my hardware survived. I’ll follow up with equipment list. It’s nothing particularly exciting.

75g Deepblue Rimless aquarium
RJ Birch Cabinet Black
a1b7f10ee9e4507455f15a127f4c002a.heic
ccd26fb28314b65d53863a29d4748dfa.heic
 
Much thanks! I really love the rimless and center overflow. I’m technically downgrading, from a 93g corner to this 75g, but the 75 appears much larger than I expected.
It’s 48 X 18 X 20

What are the dimensions? That looks like a great tank! Can't wait to see it get wet
 
Oh man that looks great. Rimless and a center overflow, that wasn't an option when I got mine. Looking forward to the new "safer" tank build. Lol

Thank you! There’ll be no more ladders near tank! How many people can say they cracked open a 93g corner tank with their head, only to then be shocked by the water gushing on the power socket? My accidents are always Epic.
 
Thank you! There’ll be no more ladders near tank! How many people can say they cracked open a 93g corner tank with their head, only to then be shocked by the water gushing on the power socket? My accidents are always Epic.
Chuck Norris would be proud!!!
 
Hooked up this far...
Vectra M1 return pump
Quantum 160 Skimmer
Vortech MP40
Geo’s Reef FMC45P Carbon/GFO reactor
Kessil A360W
 
I forgot....

Kessil H80 Fuge LED
APEX Auto Top off Kit
Maxspect Gyre

On my previous tank, I used a 250w Halide pendant with the Kessil, but this rimless tank is just so cool. I’ll need to buy a second Kessil for symmetry’s sake.


Here’s a couple photos....
31bc512a8d554ef8e2ba2cae3b1058dd.heic
a6aab02e63773144a51c6ffa5db3f994.heic
edef58b5d767ae723c8eca42bd4838f1.jpg
6c6ecf24d67ecddf08e1062aadae1ae5.jpg
 
Last edited:
in a previous thread I shared the events which led to a 100g flood, cracked tank, and coral deaths.... while throwing out the tank, I found two VERY unlikely fish in the overflow column. Both fish I’d been missing for just under a year. A maroon clown and a Mandarin goby. Somehow the eked out a living. Not too shocking for the clown, but the mandarin is an absolute miracle. I added them to the temporary Trashcan Reef where the other two maroons attacked him. And so I set him up in a tiny condo of his own. Poor guys had a tough life!
a15dbfd819917e1e1656f581df072f08.jpg
 
Last edited:
Im not sure if anyone will be interested, but since the Gyre is fairly new to me.... im fascinated by the creation of two distinct jet streams. Very f’ing cool! My previous tank was a corner tank so I didn’t get to see this.

 
Man you've sure got some crazy stories with your old tank. Between the cracking and the fish in the overflow for almost a year!? Glad you are doing okay after the accident! Give us an update on how you are liking the apex ATK, considering getting one myself or just goin with the trusty ol tunze.
 
Man you've sure got some crazy stories with your old tank. Between the cracking and the fish in the overflow for almost a year!?

Oh and there’s more. My life consists of a never ending series of Epic and dramatic wrecks. There were two epic tank crashes, one was the recent one where I busted the tank open with my head and then a couple years ago when my 100g tank flooded my loft and all my neighbors while I was out. Outside of aquariums things are FAR worse.
 
Man you've sure got some crazy stories with your old tank. Between the cracking and the fish in the overflow for almost a year!? Glad you are doing okay after the accident! Give us an update on how you are liking the apex ATK, considering getting one myself or just goin with the trusty ol tunze.

Oh and the ATK. I’ve had it since it came out and I LOVE it! I’ve never had another one so I can’t really compare, but it’s really well built, hooks up in minutes, and is just really well thought out. I have no regrets buying it.
 
There's a friggen bobcat in your house! It looks like it's thinking....just wait until you break this tank, I'll be ready for the fish this time!!! Lol. Seriously though, epic start man.
 
There's a friggen bobcat in your house! It looks like it's thinking....just wait until you break this tank, I'll be ready for the fish this time!!! Lol. Seriously though, epic start man.

Which photo has my cat?! I missed that. She’s a Savannah, a hybrid of a domestic cat and an African Serval. She’ll be a big kitten. She’s only eight months old now.
 
She's hiding right in plain sight in front of the sump! Lol. I can see the wheels turning...

Ah I see her now lol. Dunno how I missed that. Yeah she love chasing the fish. She’d love to get her paws on one. A lizard made into my house awhile back and watching her hunt it was awesome. She’s def got African serval blood.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top