Con’s reef. 150g IM Int build

Cuong

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2017
Messages
280
Reaction score
282
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wonderful wife unknowinglylet me buy a new tank. So here begins a new build
of an Innovative Marine 150 INT.

5E5C3C72-78DD-4801-A35C-1B5222EC490C.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Look what’s behind those doors

The plumbing hasn't been glued together yet. Decided to mock it up first and figure out the best places for unions now. Besides I'm still waiting for the clear primer to come. Dont want to risk it with the purple stuff going everywhere
47251850-1E82-48B6-866E-E03DF190F651.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Just came out this past month. 48x36x20 configuration makes for a really nice playground for my fishies. Really excited to get aquascaping, but got a lot more other boxes to open before i get to that one :)
 
Last edited:
Very nice and the sump looks well organised for sure.
 
Can you plumb it for herbie? And are the side panels removable?
 
It’s plumbed for bean drains. It looks like the aps stand in which the panels are not meant to come off but I have seen it don’t. The aps stands are wel made aluminum stands.
 
I understand that but can it be swapped to a different style? How many holes are drilled in the return and how wide and deep is the return compartment?
 
The back has 4 holes drilled. 1 return at 3/4”. The three other holes are all 1” drains, 1 main and two emergency drains. I was told by IM that you could change 1 emergency drain to another main drain. I toyed with that option as well. I also thought that the 3/4 return would be a bit limiting. I almost used the 3/4 as an emergency drain and then use one of the 1” as a return. Easily could have been done. Overflow is about 3.5” wide at the narrowest and goes all the way to the bottom. Btw that bottom glass was the thickest glass ive seen on a tank. 1” thick.

As an update, been working on some cable mangement lately. Trying to figure out how to make it clean looking yet easy to clean when I have to clean.
 
Thats perfect thanks so much :)
 
really liking the dimensions on this tank! hows the build quality on the tank and stand?
 
Tank quality is really good. The stand could have been nicer, but for the money its pretty good. The panels are really thin. If one were to break, you would have to dismantle the whole stand to fit it back in. They are sandwiched between all four edges.
 
Very nice! Neat plumbing, looks good!
 
I just bought the int 100 a few months ago. Now this comes out! Man I might have to sell out! Anyone near Georgia want a like new int 100?
 
So made some progress over the weekend. Got the holes drilled and bulkheads in. One is for the return on the skimmer, the other a feed for the manifold. Mixing station has been put together. Just need to run a line from a water source to feed the rodi. Almost ready for water. Still gotta situate my aquascape. Havent got all my rocks in hand yet.

4691A4C1-51AC-40A7-BACC-19BAF91DF7BC.jpeg


0FA36655-1D16-45CF-A569-99248D3AD6F6.jpeg


F1D952CE-B689-40C3-AD30-4E156CAEF686.jpeg


2E7CE82C-7940-4E59-BC78-8C092F7ECF54.jpeg


695BAB07-7DB0-4CFD-BC52-37FE3CFAF7D2.jpeg
 
Found this schnazzy little switched outlet on fleabay. Using it for my cabinet lights, reactor pump, and whatever else might need a switch from inside.

C07CF546-485E-481E-A2E3-5253B7865A92.jpeg

Where are the outlets on that switch? For some reason I thought they were on the bottom not the back
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top