Concerned About Fuzzy White Spots on My Clown

Cool, my LFS guy said that it looks like Lymphocystis to him too... here are a couple pictures that kind of show the "fuzziness".

20170818145159_IMG_1707.JPG


20170818145154_IMG_1700.JPG


20170818145154_IMG_1701.JPG
Keep in mind if this is lymphocysts the medication will not work. Lymphocyst are viral and generally not terminal unless they grow over the mouth and gills or on an internal organ. However the reason we suggested the Acriflavine or formalin is because this could possibly be brooklynella and when you said the fuzzy spots were getting bigger and the fish was getting more lethargic and breathing heavy if you were to wait to long brooklynella kills fast. I hope all works out good luck keep us posted and keep in mind if this brooklynella it's still in your tank and the other fish will need to be quarantined and treated. Treating this clown and returning him to the DT if it's brooklynella he will get reinfected.
 
I don't think this is lympho. I think it's bacterial. The acriflavin dip should help, but if I were you I'd put him in QT and treat with an antibiotic like kanaplex or furan2. Both together even.
 
Keep in mind if this is lymphocysts the medication will not work. Lymphocyst are viral and generally not terminal unless they grow over the mouth and gills or on an internal organ. However the reason we suggested the Acriflavine or formalin is because this could possibly be brooklynella and when you said the fuzzy spots were getting bigger and the fish was getting more lethargic and breathing heavy if you were to wait to long brooklynella kills fast. I hope all works out good luck keep us posted and keep in mind if this brooklynella it's still in your tank and the other fish will need to be quarantined and treated. Treating this clown and returning him to the DT if it's brooklynella he will get reinfected.
Thank again. I will make sure to keep a close eye on him. I'm praying it's not brook...

I don't think this is lympho. I think it's bacterial. The acriflavin dip should help, but if I were you I'd put him in QT and treat with an antibiotic like kanaplex or furan2. Both together even.
Ugh! ;Rage I had furan2 in my hands today, but was told I wouldn't need it. I really feel like I need to do more research on this type of stuff. This is my first time dealing with something like this and I think I'm taking advice more than I'm listening to my own gut.

Still having a really hard time catching him... He's actually gotten a lot more active than he was, so I think I'm going to have to wait until tonight.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top