Confirm or correct the I’d on this

Sharkbait HooHaHa

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2019
Messages
54
Reaction score
94
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My go to LFS identified this as a Hawkins acro, but none of the pictures of Hawkins I find online look like this. I’m wondering if it is a Can anyone confirm or correct me on this?

The parent colony lives at the LFS and is absolutely gorgeous. I can’t wait to see this guy develop!
0B7D0312-F4DD-4111-9CCB-EFA9117E280D.jpeg
52CF4D5F-D573-4B84-8DA2-625269A7F2EF.jpeg
 
I had a Hawkins acropora and Dont belive that is it. Their branches are skinnier with more clustering branches. They are also a really preety turquoise color.
 
Sorry. I just realized autocorrect got the best of me there. I’m wondering if it is a stag horn of some sort.
 
might be worth while to research the different types of acropora here is a fun little link to get details on the structure and formation of different types of acropora with added photos, don't know how accurate these photos are but whatever here is the link http://www.saltcorner.com/AquariumLibrary/browsegroupspecies.php?GroupID=133
there are much better sites about this else where
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top