Connecting AI Hydra 26 HD to ApexEL

  • Thread starter Thread starter hllb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2019
Messages
2,175
Reaction score
1,549
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of questions (just got an ApexEL and working on setting it up). What is the advantage of using Fusion to control the lights instead of myAI? Is the interface better? Just the convenience of having control in one place?

If I decide to go through the setup via Iota, will it work with my google mesh router? I saw the chart linked on the BRS video about router compatibility and it says it’s unknown if it will work via WiFi. The chart is almost 2 years old so hoping there is more definitive information on that now.
 
Hi have the hydra lights and as far as I know (and correct me if something has come out to do this) Apex can’t control them, other than switching on or off

The AI app works fine anyway, once set up I hardly ever change them, infact I don’t

I use Apex with the 4 Radion XR30 G4 Pros on my big tank with the WXM module and that’s very good
 
Hi have the hydra lights and as far as I know (and correct me if something has come out to do this) Apex can’t control them, other than switching on or off

The AI app works fine anyway, once set up I hardly ever change them, infact I don’t

I use Apex with the 4 Radion XR30 G4 Pros on my big tank with the WXM module and that’s very good
You can control them using Iota. Go to task and hit “attach Iota device”. I’m just trying to understand the advantages to doing it. I don’t love the myAI app
 
Thanks for the link. I was unaware you could control them via Apex. I have the classic which is not supported but still good to know.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top