Cor 20 or 15 for 75 gal with UV sterilizer.

aaron186

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2015
Messages
621
Reaction score
207
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help on if a Cor 20 is too powerful for my tank

I just plumbed my Reefer 350 (75 gal) to a trigger platinum sump that is running a pentair 25 watt UV sterilizer that runs off the main return. My return comes up and then does a 90 through to back of tank, and then several more 90s until returning to sump and then up to display. I’m running a Neptune flow meter. See pics below.

I currently have a Cor 20 but I’m wondering if I should return it for the 15. I’m worried it will be too powerful. It’s also quite large in the sump. Is the 15 smaller though?

thanks for your help

347D43B6-C1AE-43A0-A489-993F0EC966EF.jpeg C5C6E80E-D9E4-4CB0-A91D-D66E0A4ED05D.jpeg
 
You can turn it down enough and you'll be fine with that pump. I run a 20 on my 150 at about 80%. If you run at 50% that's 1000gph. Which is about where you want to be. Then go down from there if needed. I run a separate pump for my uv to get the flow down around 150-200 gph.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top