Coral Banded Shrimp Yes/No

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nitr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Nitr8

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2013
Messages
38
Reaction score
8
Location
Lakeland, FL.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one of these guys about 3 months ago and since I've added it I've lost both my cleaner shrimp, all three peppermints and the blood shrimp has very small antennas now. The CBS looks great, probably 10" antennas. One small clown has a ripped tail fin and one of my anthias has a lot of fin damage. Another culprit may be a 4-line wrasse added at about the same time. What is your experience with these shrimp?
 
Cool colors but not worth having eat small crustaceans and fish. Mine would pinch my puffer fish all the time and ate all my hermits got rid of it
 
I have a mated pair and they do not bother anyone. The only time I had any issue was when I added a small pair of skunk cleaner shrimp. One of the cleaners ran right into their cave and became dinner. The other is now nearly as big as the CBS and fine. I have a peppermint shrimp as well that has not been an issue. Numerous fish swim around them all day/night with no issues.
 
I've had a couple of these guys in my reef tanks over the years and have never had a problem. Although I have heard some stories but never experienced anything like what I hear first hand.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top