Coral beauty angel care

Richie49

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2016
Messages
198
Reaction score
21
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a coral beauty angel yesterday and I haven't seen him eat anything. I've seen him nip at some things on the glass or rocks. What does he eat and what can I do to get him to eat?could it be that he still isn't used to his new home?
 
But should I be worried?
Well, it isn't good. The only thing you can do is to try to get it to eat. I would try a clam on the half shell and maybe try to soak it in a garlic mixture that you can get a most LFS and I think maybe Petco or petsmart. You can try nori or other foods soaked in the garlic mixture.
 
I feed mine mysis, nori and he readily accepts flakes and pellets. I mix all those together and feed daily. My CB is fat and sassy and colorful.

It's not uncommon for new fish to just pick at rocks initially, sometimes it takes days to entice them to eat. If you bought the fish at the LFS ask what they were feeding.
 
I feed mine mysis, nori and he readily accepts flakes and pellets. I mix all those together and feed daily. My CB is fat and sassy and colorful.

It's not uncommon for new fish to just pick at rocks initially, sometimes it takes days to entice them to eat. If you bought the fish at the LFS ask what they were feeding.
That is a good idea
 
I soaked the algae sheets in garlic right now and I'm waiting for it to eat. He doesn't appear to be sick or anything, he's swimming around the whole tank.
 
I soaked the algae sheets in garlic right now and I'm waiting for it to eat. He doesn't appear to be sick or anything, he's swimming around the whole tank.
Walk out of the room. It never fails ;)
 
When i first added mine, it didnt eat for about four days, took a day or two before it nipped at things. I wasnt concered as i saw it eat like a pig at the store. Now its the first to the top for food. I feed it a mix of frozen: squid, mysis and brine, as well as nori on a clip.
 
Mine eats everything & picks at everything (destroyed Hydnophora ). If he's picking at the rocks you can rubberband a sheet of nori to a piece of rock. If it doesn't look sickly could just be a waiting game.
 
Yea I put some algae on a clip and now it's gone. Idk if the coral beauty ate it or the yellow tang lol.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top