Coral beauty angelfish eating serpent starfish

mrvoodoo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
Caledonia, MS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone one else had this problem with their fish? I just hope our serpent makes it. They've been living together for months, no problems, but the CB decided to take a nip the other night. I would think something else was going on if I didn't witness it happen with my own eyes (and scared the fish away so the serpent could run for cover).

68373_10151262753577597_723122477_n.jpg
 
The only time my fish would nip at my serpants is when the serpant was visably injuried and which case it would hide for days until it was healed...your seems to have an injury or diease as well....unless the CB did that much damage to it....it also must be stressed out because it looks like it dropped an arm. I would target feed it and then it should hide for awhile to heal up.....btw they do live pretty long both of mine lasted well over ten years.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the advice! I did feed him, and he's hiding out for now. He still seems to be moving around pretty well so I'm staying hopeful.

The coral beauty actually did all of that. He was perfectly fine about 5 minutes before that happened.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top