Coral Box Doser won't connect to iphone anymore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Bryknicks

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2019
Messages
751
Reaction score
554
Location
Boca Raton
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the 4 head coral box wifi doser for well over a year. I have had no problems with connection until this week. I originally had it set up through my wifi and could normally connect no problem. It's been almost two weeks since logging in to change anything, and this week when I tried the unit would not populate in the app. So I ran my own trouble shooting after a while, reset the wifi with no luck, reset the unit itself with no luck. The only thing that has changed in this time is I upgraded to the iPhone 11 from the 8 plus. I still have both phones and neither would connect so I don't believe that is the issue. I am able to connect to it's own "Dosing" wifi but when I go to the app it still does not populate. I have removed all other wifi connections I normally use and turned off my cellular data to make sure that the phone is only communicating with the dosing unit. Attached is a screen shot of the "advance info" screen that their website says to do. I have sent this directly to them as well and received a lackluster response that was no help. Is there any additional help you may be able to provide? As of now my dosing unit is useless without being able to connect and change any settings.
 
Sorry, here is the screenshot
Doser advance info screenshot.PNG
Doser advance info screenshot.PNG
 
I have had the 4 head coral box wifi doser for well over a year. I have had no problems with connection until this week. I originally had it set up through my wifi and could normally connect no problem. It's been almost two weeks since logging in to change anything, and this week when I tried the unit would not populate in the app. So I ran my own trouble shooting after a while, reset the wifi with no luck, reset the unit itself with no luck. The only thing that has changed in this time is I upgraded to the iPhone 11 from the 8 plus. I still have both phones and neither would connect so I don't believe that is the issue. I am able to connect to it's own "Dosing" wifi but when I go to the app it still does not populate. I have removed all other wifi connections I normally use and turned off my cellular data to make sure that the phone is only communicating with the dosing unit. Attached is a screen shot of the "advance info" screen that their website says to do. I have sent this directly to them as well and received a lackluster response that was no help. Is there any additional help you may be able to provide? As of now my dosing unit is useless without being able to connect and change any settings.
Try this:

There are a couple settings you may need to tweak since it’s not an internet connected device and relies on your local network.


Make sure you turn off “Ask to join networks” and set “Auto Find Hotspot” to never. Those are at the bottom under the wifi settings.

You can also try ariplane mode with only wifi turned on
 
Thank you for getting back so quickly. I first turned off "Ask to join networks" and set "auto find hotspot" to never, connected to the "Dosing_EAC05" under my wifi menu, input the password "12345678" and connected, then opened the app and again the dosing unit does not populate the screen after numerous "search again" attempts. I also tried the same sequence after putting the phone in airplane mode numerous times with no luck.
 
I can't recall due to how long ago it was. Is this the first time using the doser or has it already been set up and in use? I can say that since this issue I've had none since and it has been working flawlessly.
 
Same issue here… how did you solve it?
thanks
Which version of the doser do you have? We have a newer version that uses another app- so do make sure you have the correct app for your doser. I can clear that up for you based on what it says on the sticker on the front.
 
Which version of the doser do you have? We have a newer version that uses another app- so do make sure you have the correct app for your doser. I can clear that up for you based on what it says on the sticker on the front.
I bought this doser a couple of years ago and due to a couple of natural disasters in my area I am only now getting to try setting it up.

I can’t even get started as my iPhone 14 (using the AQUA Dosing app) cannot even locate the device. Not sure what version pump I have, but here is a photo of the front panel. Any help would be appreciated. I did buy the unit from Reef Breeders.
29497A63-537E-40B9-9F09-8F9E33ED3F3E.jpeg
 
I bought this doser a couple of years ago and due to a couple of natural disasters in my area I am only now getting to try setting it up.

I can’t even get started as my iPhone 14 (using the AQUA Dosing app) cannot even locate the device. Not sure what version pump I have, but here is a photo of the front panel. Any help would be appreciated. I did buy the unit from Reef Breeders.
29497A63-537E-40B9-9F09-8F9E33ED3F3E.jpeg
I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your dosing pump!

That is the coralbox model, which uses the aqua dosing app. Have you tried resetting your dosing pump by pressing and holding the button on the side for 8 seconds?

Does the LED on the front blink?

And when you go to your phones wifi settings, do you see the Dosing Pump's wifi network? The password is 12345678, and you must be connected to the dosing pump's wifi network prior to opening the app.
 
I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your dosing pump!

That is the coralbox model, which uses the aqua dosing app. Have you tried resetting your dosing pump by pressing and holding the button on the side for 8 seconds?

Does the LED on the front blink?

And when you go to your phones wifi settings, do you see the Dosing Pump's wifi network? The password is 12345678, and you must be connected to the dosing pump's wifi network prior to opening the app.
Thanks so much for the response. I meant to update my post this morning. I figured it out last night and have it online.
 
Thanks so much for the response. I meant to update my post this morning. I figured it out last night and have it online.
PLEASE HELP!!!

OMG!!! You figured it out after all that time, came back to say you figured it out but didn't let us know how!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top