Coral Frenzy Oyster Feast

LARRY007

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
48
Reaction score
1
Location
Melrose MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first time i used thes i did not spot feed it made my protine skimmer go nuts i called jeff at Reff Dynamics he said next time to shut the skimmer off four 3 to 4 hours he said it was from the oil in the food i cleaned the skimmer in water and vinger and put in carbon it like breaking in all over again i might try rod reef food next less problems i hope
 
Coral Frenzy doesn't make Oyster Feast. Oyster Feast is made by Reef Nutrition.

The original Coral Frenzy powder does contain oyster larvae.
 
I always turn the return pump off and just leave the power heads on for 30 minutes or so. When the pump goes back on the skimmer knocks down for maybe 5-10 min then goes back to skimmin
 
That's a good question but I would think not very long with skimming and whatever other filtration you have. I feed it once or twice a week, seems to work for my tank
 
HI
What kind of skimmer do you use i have a 125 gal reef i feed oyster fest 1 teaspoon i left the skimmer off four 3 hours turn back on and have to tune it in agine i dont no if i will have the same thing hapen with coral frenzy this is geting to be a pain i really dont want to get a new skimmer i have a reef dynamics
i was thinking of a reef octopus diablo xs 160 smaler foot print i hate to spend a nother 300 and have the same thing happen mabe i will just stick to frozen food i have ben feeding brine shrimp no hasle have you used rodsfrozen foods
Thanks Larry
 
I use a vertex omega 150 on my 75gal. Do you use filter socks? Also are you turning the return pump off? I ask because when I first started using oyster feast I would leave the return pump on but the skimmer off and has issues too. I think the oils would get in the sock and slowly leach out causing my skimmer to suck for a few hours. That's why I turn the return off so it can circulate in the tank for a while and thin out before or saturates the sock.
 
NO i dont use a filter sock i have a wet dry filter i was going to put a sock on my protine skimmer four micro my skimer is going and i can tell it is a light tan not the dark green and i did not shut the pump i was trying make it as simpel i am just going to ad more carbon to get the oil out my next try will be coarl frenzy see what happens
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top