Coral id - little button with hair

mdpitts

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2023
Messages
398
Reaction score
416
Location
Austin, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks, picked up a little something from the $4.99 frag tank and was told it could be a blastomussa. I looked that up last night and it doesn’t look like it to me. Could it be a fungia like a plate coral? I’m still learning and I want to make sure I get this little one in the right spot. It’s tiny - maybe the size of the pink part of my pinkie nail.

IMG_2909.jpeg IMG_2910.jpeg
 
Here is where I have it now. It is on the left arm of the rock tucked in a little hole. I put a red line near it. I had to download a photo compressor app to put this picture up so the quality isn’t as good. Is it in a good spot?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2914-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_2914-compressed.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 43
Some sort of Fungiid


Not necessarily a Fungia, and probably not one either. Might be Heliofungia fralinae
Thanks! I’ll look that up. I love learning about all this. Since I got that one I picked up 2 more pieces that had 2 “heads” per piece. All are hoeing but the “heads” are still clumped together. Safety in numbers maybe.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top