Coral Qt/ Hospital tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryno317
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Ryno317

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
15
Location
Philadelphia
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its in wrong forum, please move.

I have a question about qt tank's for corals. I moved a green candy cane and a plate, both with severe flesh erosion, down into my qt to try and nurse them back to life. What do people dose in their frag qts? Same as what you do in your display, nothing, or what?
 
If its in wrong forum, please move.

I have a question about qt tank's for corals. I moved a green candy cane and a plate, both with severe flesh erosion, down into my qt to try and nurse them back to life. What do people dose in their frag qts? Same as what you do in your display, nothing, or what?


For me it depends. I normally wouldn't put anything full strength into the water, rather do dips with the coral at least once a day. Iodine is a good one and depending on the possibly reasons for the erosion (such as bacteria) antibiotics.
 
For me it depends. I normally wouldn't put anything full strength into the water, rather do dips with the coral at least once a day. Iodine is a good one and depending on the possibly reasons for the erosion (such as bacteria) antibiotics.
+1

I wouldn't run anything in the water either. Most refers wont honestly. Best bet is a series of dips and always some good flow! If worse comes to worse you may end up having to frag things out to further prevent the disease from spreading
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top