Coral restoration in the news

I learned there was a lot of bleaching in australia and aquaculuturing saved it
 
I just learned about the underwater sculpture gardens off the coast of Florida to raise awareness about coral reefs. 1000 Mermaids Artificial Reef Project, this may be something to check out if you live in Florida.
 
I just learned how mangroves and oyster can be used to mitigate red tide effects. Very cool!
 
Last edited:
Learned that I'm no longer going to belly up to the Oyster Bar!
 
Learned that mangroves help filter out pollution…wait…I already new that! Wouldn’t it have been nice to stop developments from destroying mangrove swamps to begin with? At least it’s good to know that there’s ORA there to help restore some of what’s been lost.
 
this is pretty interesting info. Never knew that this existed to this extent. Sculptures and plaques off the coast is so awesome.
 
Last edited:
Interesting information about mangroves and oysters helping to stop red algae bloom. Also found the article/video about the artificial reefs being made out of mermaid sculptures. That would be interesting and fun to see.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top