CoralReefer's 680 Reef Savvy Build

Awesome!! I cannot believe that beer fridge! Just go easy on those til the glass is on the stand yes? Ha ! On that note I am currently building my stand for a monster tank and am wondering if you could tell me what kind of material you decided to top the stand with... is that wood? Thanks!

Hey LDH, too funny. Yeah, trust me. Nothing was going to distract us until that glass was sitting safe. I think I may have even lost a kid during the process. I wasn't really paying attention to anything except that tank. Lol.
Joking aside, yes, there is a 2 inch piece of treated wood in addition to a full layer of styrofoam to dampen and even out. It is an approach I think worked out very well for me. The floor is hardwood so not going to allow for any natural evening out the way carpet might. I would still endorse that approach though no matter the floor surface.

Also worth noting, the stand was built with adjustable feet which absolutely helped with the leveling. This was a step that Chris/Sticks and Stones made sure was in place. And a brilliant move it was....

Good luck with your system!
 
Hey LDH, too funny. Yeah, trust me. Nothing was going to distract us until that glass was sitting safe. I think I may have even lost a kid during the process. I wasn't really paying attention to anything except that tank. Lol.
Joking aside, yes, there is a 2 inch piece of treated wood in addition to a full layer of styrofoam to dampen and even out. It is an approach I think worked out very well for me. The floor is hardwood so not going to allow for any natural evening out the way carpet might. I would still endorse that approach though no matter the floor surface.

Also worth noting, the stand was built with adjustable feet which absolutely helped with the leveling. This was a step that Chris/Sticks and Stones made sure was in place. And a brilliant move it was....

Good luck with your system!

Great idea thank you for sharing! Excited to follow along with your progress. Looks incredible so far.
 
Awesome!! I cannot believe that beer fridge! Just go easy on those til the glass is on the stand yes? Ha ! On that note I am currently building my stand for a monster tank and am wondering if you could tell me what kind of material you decided to top the stand with... is that wood? Thanks!
The stand is 2" asquare 11 gauge Steel. I put .75 UV coated clear both sides plywood then .75 styrofoam for a barrier between the wood and the tank.
When I'm back down to skin it I'll apply a large bead of silicone around the edge of the plywood that will come in contact with the frames of the skin. This will help keep the woodwork nice for years to come.

Great Beer Fridge!!

Cheers!
 
Awesome build

Would love to see this in person welcome to Tampa just moved here myself
 
Very nice build. Felix does awesome work! Following...
 
Thanks everyone. Getting closer to being able to post a FTS. A few more weeks and I will have my cabinetry.

In the meantime just trying to get my Neptune Auto Feeder to work and also starting to try to find people in TB who have frags for sale.

(they don't have to be high-end or exclusive stuff. I'm gonna need it all and am a big fan of the basics anyway)
 
For those of you following I did post up some updates onto the monster tanks forum.
 
I made some new posts to the monster tank forum. Just want to keep my local peeps informed. Hoping to connect with you all soon...
Cheers and happy holidays.
Andy
 
@CoralReefer2110 - I just read through this thread and it's dang impressive stuff! Awesome looking tank and setup! Being in the Tampa area too, it's cool to know tanks like these are out there.
 
Thanks Res_Ipsa,
I put some new posts up over the last few days. The electronics boards are now complete and pics posted. Also - shot a super short video before feeding time. I just wish I had a better camera or new how to use mine.

Merry Christmas everyone!

 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top