Corals For The Cure fights back against cancer!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2006
Messages
13,377
Reaction score
11,088
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cancer sucks.

According to recent figures, approximately 1.2 million new cases of cancer are diagnosed each year, and more than 564,000 people will die from this disease this year. In addition to lives being lost, the treatment and economic costs of cancer amount to tens of billions of dollars each year.

Cancer has cost countless lives and caused many difficulties for the surviving families of those who have suffered with this disease. Cancer affects people of every race, gender, and religion. It’s an indiscriminate killer. It’s hard to find somebody we know who has not been affected by this disease in some manner, as an estimated 1 out of every 3 Americans will contract some form of cancer during their lifetime.

I was personally touched by this disease recently when my father was diagnosed with colon/liver cancer in October of this year, and passed away after a brief, yet brave battle in December. It was disheartening to see a loved one literally waste away because of this horrible affliction.

The good news is that new treatments are resulting in greater numbers of survivors than ever before. Some cancers can be defeated with early testing, and new therapies are turning the tide in the battle against this terrible disease. However, funding is constantly needed to support research into these potential cures.

It’s time to fight back.

To help honor my father, and to show support for the millions of others who are touched by, and will continue to be touched by cancer, Unique Corals has created a small charity to help donate funds to research to help combat this disease. It’s called “Corals for The Cure.â€

“Corals for The Cure†will donate a percentage of the proceeds from the sale of selected corals mounted on specially-designed plugs by ReefGen’s Justin Credabel, to cancer research. Unique Corals and ReefGen, along with Dan Rigle and Mark Poletti, will be offering some amazing pieces mounted on these special plugs. We will also be offering these plugs for sale to interested propagators, wholesalers, and hobbyists.

new1-3467.jpg


UC1andhalfinch-C4C-armor-of-god-48-inventory-6.jpg


We are hoping that other coral propagators and vendors will participate in this program by purchasing some of these handmade plugs, featuring a lavender ribbon (the official color for cancer research support) or other unique designs, and mounting some of their corals on these plugs. Proceeds from the sale of these plugs will go towards cancer research.

UC1andhalfinch-C4C-green-acro-sp-28.jpg


new1-3567.jpg


Whenever you purchase one of these corals mounted on a “C4C†plug from Unique, or any vendor, who participates, you’ll know that some of the proceeds from your purchase have been donated to help fund the fight against cancer. Our goal is to make “Corals for The Cure†a highly visible, widely-accepted charity that the coral propagating community and reef keeping community at large can participate in.

If you are interested in purchasing some of these special frag plugs for your business or personal use, please contact us for details.

Watch for our coral frag offerings in our “Corals for The Cure†section on the UC website! These are not just random frags, either- they are some of the most sought-after corals we offer. A portion of the sales price of each and every one that you purchase will go directly to cancer research.

new1-3468.jpg


Please join us in doing something to play a part in fighting this scourge. We look forward to helping to end this terrible and far-reaching disease once and for all.

Thank you.

Scott Fellman
Unique Corals
 
Really awesome thing you guys are doing. As you said in one way or another just about everyone has been affected by this terrible disease. The story about your father really touched home with me, my father also got me into this hobby much the same way your father did. I did not comment on that thread because it really hit home with me and caused me to reflect. I have certainly taken your advice from that thread and started telling and showing the people that mean the most to me how much I love and care about them. Please pm me with details about how to get some of these plugs. I will put a few frags on them and try to sell them locally and donate the proceeds if this is possible.
 
What an amazing way to tribute your Father and bring attention/funds for a great cause. Very sorry for your loss.
 
This is awesome!! Scott, you truly blow me away and inspire me and hopefully many others. Glad to see there's still some humanity/love in the world.

As somebody who lost my mother(and others) to cancer, I know full well, how close to home this hits. Im sorry for your loss, but glad to see that it has inspired you to give back and share. I would love to see this become as large of a program as you envision. It would be cool to see C4C frags, at LFS across the country(world?).

Wish I lived closer, Id definitley stop in to say hi. I seem to say that too much lately, maybe a move to SoCal is in order.

got any positions available?? ;)
 
Really awesome thing you guys are doing. As you said in one way or another just about everyone has been affected by this terrible disease. The story about your father really touched home with me, my father also got me into this hobby much the same way your father did. I did not comment on that thread because it really hit home with me and caused me to reflect. I have certainly taken your advice from that thread and started telling and showing the people that mean the most to me how much I love and care about them. Please pm me with details about how to get some of these plugs. I will put a few frags on them and try to sell them locally and donate the proceeds if this is possible.

Thanks so much for the kind words and support..It's pretty near and dear to me, so it means a lot when I hear stories of others touched by this disease..It's a small gesture, but it sends a message, and makes me feel like I'm doing something to help a cause I really believe in..

I'll be in touch on the plugs!

Thanks, and thank you for sharing your story..Love this community...

Scott
 
What an amazing way to tribute your Father and bring attention/funds for a great cause. Very sorry for your loss.

Thank you for the support! Every day feels better! That's what my dad would have wanted...


-Scott
 
This is awesome!! Scott, you truly blow me away and inspire me and hopefully many others. Glad to see there's still some humanity/love in the world.

As somebody who lost my mother(and others) to cancer, I know full well, how close to home this hits. Im sorry for your loss, but glad to see that it has inspired you to give back and share. I would love to see this become as large of a program as you envision. It would be cool to see C4C frags, at LFS across the country(world?).

Wish I lived closer, Id definitley stop in to say hi. I seem to say that too much lately, maybe a move to SoCal is in order.

got any positions available?? ;)

Thanks so much for the feedback and sharing. It's such a small gesture, really, but it feels good to do something to support this cause. I hope to include things like logo wear, etc...gotta work up some cool designs! I think it can be a meaningful gesture from the coral community if we manage it correctly..We have a lot more frags going up on the site soon; hope reefers support this cause!

-Scott
 
Personally I hate the subject of cancer with all my heart!
2006 I lost my then 48yr old sister to throat cancer. Died 6 month after being diagnosed.
2012 I lost my 16yr old step son to A.L.L
2013 I lost my 63yr old sister to stomach cancer. Died 6 months after being diagnosed.

Yes I hate cancer!!
 
Thats awesome! But I have to ask, whats the percentage that gets donated?

We're donating 20% of the net proceeds from the sales of these corals to research. Hopefully, we can do more as it evolves!
 
Personally I hate the subject of cancer with all my heart!
2006 I lost my then 48yr old sister to throat cancer. Died 6 month after being diagnosed.
2012 I lost my 16yr old step son to A.L.L
2013 I lost my 63yr old sister to stomach cancer. Died 6 months after being diagnosed.

Yes I hate cancer!!

I'd give you a hug right now if I could...I was literally crying as I was putting this post up...Still raw... The outpouring thus far has been amazing...I hope we can keep this going strong!

-Scott
 
Very sorry for your loss, Scott. I'm very excited, however, to participate by spreading the word and of course intentionally purchasing "C4C" corals. Let me know if there's anything else a hobbyist like me can do to support.

Blessings!

Daniel
 
Very sorry for your loss, Scott. I'm very excited, however, to participate by spreading the word and of course intentionally purchasing "C4C" corals. Let me know if there's anything else a hobbyist like me can do to support.

Blessings!

Daniel

Yo just did! Thanks so much!

-Scott
 
I just saw these and came here. A loved member of my family had her long term battle end this morning. I see a few things from my wish list mounted; it seems appropriate I try to find a few dollars to have you send some things my way.
 
I just saw these and came here. A loved member of my family had her long term battle end this morning. I see a few things from my wish list mounted; it seems appropriate I try to find a few dollars to have you send some things my way.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I can relate completely to the pain and disbelief...It sucks. Thanks for the support; be strong.

Scott
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top