CPR bak pak 2 and it came with an accela pump

carlos413

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Western Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a CPR bak pak 2 and it came with an accela pump. CPR used to recommend ether the maxi jet 1200 or a Rio pump, not sure what model but it don’t matter because I was not going with the Rio. My question is the accela pump better than the maxi jet and if so why? I’D like to get input from people that have actual experience with ether of these pumps on this skimmer.
This is the reason CPR says they recommend the Accela pump:
From the CPR web site

CPR is pleased to announce an exciting new enhancement to our popular Bak-Pak protein skimmer line.
New Accela pump is similar to the Maxi-jet 1200; however, it includes some important added benefits. The pump has been modified to include a venturi intake which efficiently draws in more air with less restriction on the pump. This results in more effective protein skimming with a significantly increased "sweet spot" for skimmer operation.
  • Increased air to water ratio
  • Less restriction on the pump results in longer pump life
  • Modest power consumption- 20% less than the Maxi-jet 1200
  • UL listed with a 6 ft. grounded plug
I am just trying to run this skimmer as efficient as possible; it was the best I could afford.
Thank you.
 
Makes you wonder why they started recommending this pump? Sorry nothing to offer but a free bump!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top