Crab broke up my Palythoa Frag can I save it?

RedFishReef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2020
Messages
11
Reaction score
8
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my first 3 frags a week ago today. The one in the back was the Paly at it’s finest, at least in my tank. At the LFS it fell off the plug during bagging but i took it anyway. After a few days i loosely attached it to some dried epoxy with fishing line. My blue legged hermit crabs had been messing with it a good bit. Tonight i found it totally dismembered and the biggest crab messing with it. Are the loose pieces salvageable? Can i glue them to a rock? What can I do? Or are they crab food now?
7A86C003-A3F8-4A60-AE1B-F5256EEC2489.jpeg
2615BE84-A01B-4B02-A2BE-44E7CA6322C2.jpeg
 
Update! I made a base out of epoxy putty and glued them down! Thanks for the help Zatch!
F4947BED-1DC7-4400-81C2-A0F5965FBC41.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top