Cup-like opening w/whitish eyelash-looking sweepers

346700984

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2021
Messages
324
Reaction score
364
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F8A322E5-497C-4AB2-A310-88D188E6C966.jpeg

Anybody know what this is on our frogspawn? The sweepers go in and out. Feather duster? Thanks!
 
F8A322E5-497C-4AB2-A310-88D188E6C966.jpeg

Anybody know what this is on our frogspawn? The sweepers go in and out. Feather duster? Thanks!
Also, I dipped a new zoa colony that had nudibranch eggs in Coral Rx but could not get all the eggs off. Would the dip have killed the eggs? It’s been a while since I’ve dealt with that once before so I don’t quite remember. Thanks.
 
Appears to be a barnacle.
Thanks! We looked it up and the photos do look like this. Any thoughts on whether to just leave it be or not? I’ll see what info I can find online in the meantime. Much appreciated.
 
It won’t harm the frogspawn but could irritate it which could cause it to decline. You could try to glue over the opening.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top