Cyanobacteria and Green Hair Algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter NikoO
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sorry meant to say that gha will look like a chea pet.

I think you have Dino’s from the pics, only thing missing are the tiny bubbles in it. Here’s another test. Does the stuff on the glass clean off easily? Try a turkey Baster and see if it blows off. Dino’s form very fast. You can blow off yor rock and glass and make things look fairly good only to find the next day it’s all back again.
 
Yes, it does clean off easily but returns shortly after. Crap!
 
I would say Dino’s then.

When I had Dino’s I treated the tank with hydrogen peroxide. Can’t remember the dose but I had no bad affects on any corals. It took 2 weeks to completely clear up and I did a lot of blowing off the rocks and sucking up the snot with a baster. I would just squirt the baster into filter floss so I didn’t need to worry about loosing water, then just trash the floss.

This stuff has a bad reputation for good reason but it can be beaten.
 
Do not disturb rocks which are working for you. I would recommend a temporary reduction in lighting and a reduction in feeding. Mainly, I recommend a sea hare which will clean this mess up in a few short days. They are like algae vacuums. When algae is gone, supplement it with algae sheets.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top