CasperOe
In it to win it!
View BadgesPartner Member 2024
Reef Tank 365
UK Reef Club Member
Hospitality Award
R2R Secret Santa 2023
Hi Reefers,
Not my first tank by any means, however; this is the first time I am "quick-cycling" a tank using Dr. Tims One-and-only.
I am currently on day 12 of the cycle with below parameters and history:
Day 12 (27/09/2022):
pH: 8.1 (Hanna)
Ammonia: 1.00 ppm (API)
Nitrite: 2.00 ppm (API)
Nitrate: +75.00 ppm (Hanna)
Now, I am not in a hurry by any means- I do however wonder, now that I have slipped off the recipe by a couple of days when I perform my first water change considering the nitrate level that I measure.
I do have a couple of bags of the Aquaforrest Life Bio Filter media sitting waiting as well. Would I benefit from adding this during the cycling process?
Thanks!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Cycle history:
Day 1 (16/09/2022):
Dr. Tims / 25 ml of ammonia added
Day 2 (17/09/2022):
pH: 8.6
Ammonia: 1.50 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 0 ppm
Day 3 (18/09/2022):
Added 25 ml of ammonia
Day 4 (19/09/2022):
pH: 8.6
Ammonia: 2.00 ppm
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 1.10 ppm
Day 5 (20/09/2022):
pH: 8.5
Ammonia: 2.00 ppm
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 1.50 ppm
Day 6 (21/09/2022):
pH: 8.2
Ammonia: 2.00 ppm
Nitrite: 0.25 ppm
Nitrate: 1.90 ppm
Day 7 (22/09/2022):
Added 25 ml of ammonia
Day 8 (23/09/2022):
pH: 8.2
Ammonia: 4.00 ppm
Nitrite: 1.00 ppm
Nitrate: 5.20 ppm
Day 9 (24/09/2022):
pH: 8.6
Ammonia: 4.00 ppm
Nitrite: 1.50 ppm
Nitrate: 11.10 ppm
Day 10 (25/09/2022):
pH: 8.3
Ammonia: 2.00 ppm
Nitrite: 2.00 ppm
Nitrate: 18.30 ppm
Day 11 (26/09/2022):
pH: 8.2
Ammonia: 2.00 ppm
Nitrite: 4.00 ppm
Nitrate: 45.50 ppm
Not my first tank by any means, however; this is the first time I am "quick-cycling" a tank using Dr. Tims One-and-only.
I am currently on day 12 of the cycle with below parameters and history:
Day 12 (27/09/2022):
pH: 8.1 (Hanna)
Ammonia: 1.00 ppm (API)
Nitrite: 2.00 ppm (API)
Nitrate: +75.00 ppm (Hanna)
Now, I am not in a hurry by any means- I do however wonder, now that I have slipped off the recipe by a couple of days when I perform my first water change considering the nitrate level that I measure.
I do have a couple of bags of the Aquaforrest Life Bio Filter media sitting waiting as well. Would I benefit from adding this during the cycling process?
Thanks!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Cycle history:
Day 1 (16/09/2022):
Dr. Tims / 25 ml of ammonia added
Day 2 (17/09/2022):
pH: 8.6
Ammonia: 1.50 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 0 ppm
Day 3 (18/09/2022):
Added 25 ml of ammonia
Day 4 (19/09/2022):
pH: 8.6
Ammonia: 2.00 ppm
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 1.10 ppm
Day 5 (20/09/2022):
pH: 8.5
Ammonia: 2.00 ppm
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 1.50 ppm
Day 6 (21/09/2022):
pH: 8.2
Ammonia: 2.00 ppm
Nitrite: 0.25 ppm
Nitrate: 1.90 ppm
Day 7 (22/09/2022):
Added 25 ml of ammonia
Day 8 (23/09/2022):
pH: 8.2
Ammonia: 4.00 ppm
Nitrite: 1.00 ppm
Nitrate: 5.20 ppm
Day 9 (24/09/2022):
pH: 8.6
Ammonia: 4.00 ppm
Nitrite: 1.50 ppm
Nitrate: 11.10 ppm
Day 10 (25/09/2022):
pH: 8.3
Ammonia: 2.00 ppm
Nitrite: 2.00 ppm
Nitrate: 18.30 ppm
Day 11 (26/09/2022):
pH: 8.2
Ammonia: 2.00 ppm
Nitrite: 4.00 ppm
Nitrate: 45.50 ppm


