Cycling new tank with fresh live rock

Barry_Cuda

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2018
Messages
235
Reaction score
308
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the live rock on order from KP aquatics for my new tank and am expecting it later this week. My plan has been to cycle the tank using the inevitable die-off from the rock (I expect it will be shipped damp) as the ammonia source, but I'm concerned that there may be *too much* die-off and ammonia levels may rise too high. Is it best to cure the rock for a couple of days before adding it to the tank, or is it OK to just put it directly from shipping into the tank?
 
+1...throw it in and start the cycle. Be sure to start a build thread if you haven't already. Great way to share and track your progress.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top