Damsel breathing heavy and not eatting

any videos? how long has it been doing this? any changes to the tank? water parameters? size of tank? how many fish?
 
Upvote 0
My guess is that the fish has probably just been added within the last couple days to a newer tank? If you see any gills flaring/red could be start of an ammonia spike. I would do 50% water change to start with for 2 days and then a 25% the next 5 days and see if that helps.
 
Upvote 0
My guess is that the fish has probably just been added within the last couple days to a newer tank? If you see any gills flaring/red could be start of an ammonia spike. I would do 50% water change to start with for 2 days and then a 25% the next 5 days and see if that helps.
I tested for ammonia it’s 0 and 10 ppm of nitrate
 
Upvote 0
Help my damsel is breathing heavy
You may as well say: Help my car is making a sound....


Provide us with some basic information so that we can try to help.
How old is the tank
How long have you had the fish
what are the water parameters
How big is the tank
How many other fish

Etc...
 
Upvote 0
I tested for ammonia it’s 0 and 10 ppm of nitrate
Well then we need more information about the tank, when it was added, tankmates, etc.. If hanging around the top or not a lot of surface agitation then could be low oxygen. Added powerhead would do the trick.
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top