danieyella's micro baby tank

I have been trying for this pic since reading this, this is an adult dove dove snail and is about 10 mm little, they live in the sand so turn it over and love glass film algae, get two as they can breed like bunnies if there is enough food. :)

DSC_0399 (862x668).jpg
Excellent, thank you! I'll keep an eye out for them
 
Life is all over the place.

Couple updates. Mixing water now for a w/c. Got some crusty algae on the front pane I need to clean up. All corals doing well. I have done no mods yet, I still can't access my 3D printer to print out the nozzle for @Mhamilton0911 (Soon, I promise!!).

To elaborate on my use of the phrase corals doing well: I see at least 2 new clove polyps formed in the last week. They're very tiny in comparison to the preexisting ones so I know they're new. One tiny zoa head is now sized up to the others, obvious growth there. Pocilliopora encrusted further. Micromussa ("acan lord") is nice and fluffy. GSP spreading on its little plug. I would state that yes, this is a case of actual thriving vs surviving.

Not at lot of evaporation that I can tell.

Moving the sponges around the last w/c seems to have made zero difference to salt creep.
 
Little tank staying stable. Today will be a wc day, I missed last week.

Keeping an eye on salty to see if there's anything I want to buy there so I can throw some nudis in to nuke the couple aiptasia I see before they get out of hand.

Also an explosion of bubble algae :rolleyes:
 
Are you enjoying the tank as much as you thought you would?
Actually, it's not really a lot of work like I expected. I do want to switch it over to one of the PNW customs because they look so much better.
 
Actually, it's not really a lot of work like I expected. I do want to switch it over to one of the PNW customs because they look so much better.
If you do and you're looking to sell that one let me know. I'm thinking this would be a good addition to when I go back to my office.
 
Picked up some "deep water" zoas from KP when I was ordering some stuff for the cade. Thought they might work out really well here with the lower light this tank has. They seem happy.
PXL_20211125_174328494.jpg


Full shot
PXL_20211125_174336027.jpg


Didn't have my better lens filter available for these photos so light is kinda skewed
 
ALRIGHT. I'm doing the thing. Good Q3 bonus payout, I'm treating myself.

@PNWCustom you guys win :cool: The salt creep on the MCT is killing me, going to switch it over once that arrives (no idea timeframe, it's technically a "preorder")

Volume is the same, if it kicks me out of the "contest" oh well.
 
ALRIGHT. I'm doing the thing. Good Q3 bonus payout, I'm treating myself.

@PNWCustom you guys win :cool: The salt creep on the MCT is killing me, going to switch it over once that arrives (no idea timeframe, it's technically a "preorder")

Volume is the same, if it kicks me out of the "contest" oh well.
Just remember, your happiness and the elimination of salt creep is way more important than the contest!!!!!!
 
Just remember, your happiness and the elimination of salt creep is way more important than the contest!!!!!!
exactly why i said screw it and went for it!
 
exactly why i said screw it and went for it!
I have thought about buying 2x glass 2.5 gallon tanks, drilling one, doing a coast to coast overflow and making a mini setup lol. I have all of the crap lying around to do it.
 
I have thought about buying 2x glass 2.5 gallon tanks, drilling one, doing a coast to coast overflow and making a mini setup lol. I have all of the crap lying around to do it.
Do it! The tiny tanks are so much fun
 
Also, whatever these "deepwater" FL zoas I got are, they're super happy in here.

Photo update:

PXL_20211201_174310476.jpg
PXL_20211201_174319727.jpg
Those zoas look exactly like the ones I got in about 75' of water off the coast of Jupiter florida.
 
Those zoas look exactly like the ones I got in about 75' of water off the coast of Jupiter florida.
I threw them in a gorg order from KP on a whim, and tossed them in here. There were another set as well which I put in the cade and the urchin promptly plucked up and relocated... no idea where they went or what they look like.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top