Day 13 of cycling blind

Shad Quill

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2017
Messages
245
Reaction score
162
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished up the plumbing almost 2 weeks ago and didn't have the patience to wait for my testing kits or ro/DI system. I do have a refractometer so I know the salinity is spot on other than that I'm cycling blind.

 
You'll find out for sure with a test kit or take a sample to the LFS.

If I had to venture to guess I would say that you may have very low or undetectable ammonia and or nitrites but without a source of decay the tank is not yet cycled enough to prevent an ammonia spike if live stock is added.

Life always finds a way, a mason jar with water in it and no lid will grow algae and develop beneficial bacteria in the absence of sand and rock given enough time.

:-)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top