Daytime Onex brings LED versatility to closed aquariums

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2009
Messages
3,863
Reaction score
2,357
Location
Golden CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
German lighting brand Daytime LED has released a versatile LED lighting system that is aimed primarily at aquariums with closed hoods. Named Onex, it consists of a waterproof aluminum LED light bar which is available in lengths from 20-200cm/8-78″. They can either replace T5 or T8 fluorescent lighting, fitting neatly into fluorescent lamp holders, or…
Source

Continue reading...
 
When I saw that the article said "They can either replace T5 or T8 fluorescent lighting, fitting neatly into fluorescent lamp holders" I thought – did somebody finally make an LED strips that literally plugs into T5 sockets? But nope.

I think it would be so rad for someone to make a strip that literally plugs into T5 sockets and is powered by them. No power cords. Even though the use cases would be diminishing as T5 are decreasing in numbers, I would certainly consider installing T5 sockets if I were doing a canopy, if I knew I could just pop in an LED strip and not have to worry about the power cord. Maybe it's just a dream.
 
A possibility but I’m not seeing par numbers unless I missed it. Appears to just be led chips which are usually low wattage, low par, so just a light but not a coral light
 
When I saw that the article said "They can either replace T5 or T8 fluorescent lighting, fitting neatly into fluorescent lamp holders" I thought – did somebody finally make an LED strips that literally plugs into T5 sockets? But nope.

I think it would be so rad for someone to make a strip that literally plugs into T5 sockets and is powered by them. No power cords. Even though the use cases would be diminishing as T5 are decreasing in numbers, I would certainly consider installing T5 sockets if I were doing a canopy, if I knew I could just pop in an LED strip and not have to worry about the power cord. Maybe it's just a dream.
You mean like these.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top