DC Redsea 900 skimmer sensor always thinks the cup is full!

helmsreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2020
Messages
200
Reaction score
200
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, has anyone had any issues where the full cup sensor on the new dc skimmers thinks its full all the time whenever a slight amount of skim touches it? I have re-calibrated it a few times and cleaned it. It has been running for only a week. I have tested it by leaving the sensor completely out and it does not throw the warning and shut the pump down which to me shows its receiving input. It just seems to be overly sensitive.
 
No, I am not experiencing any issues with mine. I hope it stays that way too.
 
Hey everyone, has anyone had any issues where the full cup sensor on the new dc skimmers thinks its full all the time whenever a slight amount of skim touches it? I have re-calibrated it a few times and cleaned it. It has been running for only a week. I have tested it by leaving the sensor completely out and it does not throw the warning and shut the pump down which to me shows its receiving input. It just seems to be overly sensitive.
Did you get this fixed?
 
Hey everyone, has anyone had any issues where the full cup sensor on the new dc skimmers thinks its full all the time whenever a slight amount of skim touches it? I have re-calibrated it a few times and cleaned it. It has been running for only a week. I have tested it by leaving the sensor completely out and it does not throw the warning and shut the pump down which to me shows its receiving input. It just seems to be overly sensitive.
Hi, I have the same problem that you do with my redsea 900 protein skimmer. It shows full cup whenever I turn the sensor on even if there’s no skim in the cup. I’ve also reset it, unplugged it, taking it off the app, everything I could do but it does not fix it. I’ve put out two calls to Redsea and they have not responded. Kind of poor customer service for a.$9000 tank.
 
Do you still have this full cup issue even when when it's not?
Yea, Red Sea sent me a new sensor and it still has the issue. I think its because they didnt upscale the size of the sensor. The RSK300 sensor is the exact same size as the RSK900 and the radius of the top is just way larger so it causes it to trigger with large skim bubbles. I essentially gave up on it and just run it normally. I have a RSK300 DC as well and it does not have the same issue.
 
If you put a sticky tape over it (so that it does not sense anything) -that might solve the issue.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top