Decided to upgrade my sump and skimmer

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2011
Messages
1,901
Reaction score
28
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys. I am a bit excited since I placed an order from my LFS to have a custom sump made and ordered a Tunze 9011 skimmer. :) I have gone through a lot of ups and downs with my current system (22" 46g cube) from having a large skimmer (I-tech 100) to a very small skimmer (Tunze 9002) and from having a custom glass sump made by Reefsavvy to a off shelf Aqueon pro flex model 1.

I was very happy with the custom glass sump but did not have a built in refugium so I added a hob fuge and the excess weight caused the sump to malfunction and start leaking. Since I was in a rush, I purchased the Aqueon sump as it was the best sump I could find for my system in such a short time.

The only draw back was that it has no room for a decent skimmer and the 9002 was the only thing I was able to get that would fit.
 
I have decided to go with a custom built acrylic tank that will allow me to have room for a Tunze 9011 which is rated up to 286g and room for a fuge and best of all I will be adding an additional 10g of water volume to the system
 
congrats on the upgrade hope this works out for you

Me too. I think it will as I should be able to get rid of my most serious issue right now which is my nutrient levels are through the roof and causing me to do various large water changes
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top