Defective? - Reef Octopus WC-140 waste collector

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2022
Messages
3,261
Reaction score
5,736
Location
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a long-shot, however- i’ll give it a go and see if anyone have had the same issues!

I have recently purchased a WC-140 waste collector to accompany my Regal 150-S skimmer. The problem i have is that the skimmer does not receive any power when plugged in through the WC-140

This is what i observe:
- Red LED - ON
- Green LED - OFF
- Skimmer not powered on when plugged in to the yellow box

This is what i have tried:
- Fuse has been changed; no changes (.. although both appears to be just fine!)
- Skimmer plugged in directly to a power outlet working fine

If anyone has any great suggestions I’d be happy to hear! :)

7CD42F14-59CA-4EB8-B5FB-142F7AA0ACA8.jpeg
 
I’ve never used one so this is just a shot in the dark but is the float switch installed upside down. If you lift up on the float does it turn on?
 
I’ve never used one so this is just a shot in the dark but is the float switch installed upside down. If you lift up on the float does it turn on?
I’ll give that a go- it came fully assembled :) At this point, i am willing to try anything! The shop I brought it from does not reply, neither does Reef Octopus support..
 
Also I believe they have a delay timer of several minutes. Are you leaving the waste collector plugged in long enough to make sure it goes past that delay period?
 
I’ll give that a go- it came fully assembled :) At this point, i am willing to try anything! The shop I brought it from does not reply, neither does Reef Octopus support..

Note- didn’t do the trick! Seems to be on just all right..

Also I believe they have a delay timer of several minutes. Are you leaving the waste collector plugged in long enough to make sure it goes past that delay period?

What an absolute lightbulb moment!! I’ll leave it in- off course there’ s a delay period! I am not a patient man! Time to see if I’m a stupid one..
 
Note- didn’t do the trick! Seems to be on just all right..



What an absolute lightbulb moment!! I’ll leave it in- off course there’ s a delay period! I am not a patient man! Time to see if I’m a stupid one..
From reading online it seems to be 5 minutes
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top