Dejardini Sailfin Tang Juvenile

MCooper

MCooper
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2016
Messages
936
Reaction score
542
Location
Aventura, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, So I went against everything I have always believed and done and got a fish I know will outgrow my setup. My question is how long do you think I have for this guy to enjoy life in my Reefer 450?
He is a juvenile and small now. About to go into a 29 gallon QT setup for a while
Never had tangs so unsure on how fast they actually grow
I am kinda disappointed in myself honestly for even getting him, but I know he will be safer with me then with the majority of people I see at this LFS.
 
I've got a sailfin tang I bought in 2006. He was about the size of a quarter and thin as a sheet of paper. Here it is 10 years later and he's only about 6" long, about 5" tall and about 1/2" thick. So he's fat and very healthy. He eats lots of seaweed and has 240 gallons of swimming room. Tangs need lots of empty space to spread their fins. [emoji225]
 
As long as you are prepared for it's ultimate top size, and have an exit strategy for that time, there shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Desjardini grow on the fast side. Depending on a few things it may outgrow the 90 anywhere between 15-24mos.
 
I have one I need to return home he is about 4 inches beautiful fish
6f5c18272f160225d3c94d41d448875f.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top