Deltec USA Protein Skimmers: Q & A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

What is the main difference and which one is the best? the 600i or 600ix?
Except for the pump, I don't see any difference and I was wondering what is better, a DC or AC pump
 
What is the main difference and which one is the best? the 600i or 600ix?
Except for the pump, I don't see any difference and I was wondering what is better, a DC or AC pump
i have the 400i (dc pump) super quiet, less heat from the pump and its variable speed which makes it way better then previous ac pump skimmers ive used in the past.
 
What is the main difference and which one is the best? the 600i or 600ix?
Except for the pump, I don't see any difference and I was wondering what is better, a DC or AC pump
I love my 600i, so easy to dial it in with the dc pump. Plus, you can reduce how much you're skimming and still provide oxygen to your tank. They're also super easy to clean and maintain and the manual neck wiper is great!
 
Can a universal Co2 scrubber be hooked into this skimmer? I’m thinking of getting the 600i for my system and would like some info before I purchase the skimmer
 
Can a universal Co2 scrubber be hooked into this skimmer? I’m thinking of getting the 600i for my system and would like some info before I purchase the skimmer
You can, but the overflow protection no longer works when you remove the curved pipe. Which I've done in the past, but found that my pH didn't rise enough to warrant the expense of replacing the media constantly. If you can, I would run a tube outside to pull in fresh air.
 
You can, but the overflow protection no longer works when you remove the curved pipe. Which I've done in the past, but found that my pH didn't rise enough to warrant the expense of replacing the media constantly. If you can, I would run a tube outside to pull in fresh air.
Where would you hook the outside line to?
 
Where would you hook the outside line to?
The same input/silencer on the skimmer. You can use two different size hoses/tubing, one that fits the silencer, then you can skip that into a larger diameter vinyl tube that runs outside. You just need to bring in fresh air.
 
@genelee112601 7/10 mm tubing. We do have the glass T pieces available for CO2. If you are interested, please email us at [email protected]
Hello Deltec USA,

The 600i and 1000i, both have the same DC pump.
Would the 1000i (dialed down) works just a efficient as 600i for 120G tank.

Thank you,
 
Hello Deltec USA,

The 600i and 1000i, both have the same DC pump.
Would the 1000i (dialed down) works just a efficient as 600i for 120G tank.

Thank you,
I'm using the 600i on my 90g heavily stocked and it's running at 60% maybe without issue, but if you're going to go heavy bio-load, then the 1000i may give you a little more wiggle room?
 
I'm using the 600i on my 90g heavily stocked and it's running at 60% maybe without issue, but if you're going to go heavy bio-load, then the 1000i may give you a little more wiggle room?
How do find the noise level of 600i? and at what water depth do you put it?
 
I'm using the 600i on my 90g heavily stocked and it's running at 60% maybe without issue, but if you're going to go heavy bio-load, then the 1000i may give you a little more wiggle room?
Whats the reason will you run the skimmer at 60% and not 100%?

I am having issues with mine as the foam comes out from top lid holes. I am running it at 80% and the water level is mid way on the gauge line. My skimmer is 1000i dc and running on a reefer 625.

Looking forward for advise please?
 
Whats the reason will you run the skimmer at 60% and not 100%?

I am having issues with mine as the foam comes out from top lid holes. I am running it at 80% and the water level is mid way on the gauge line. My skimmer is 1000i dc and running on a reefer 625.

Looking forward for advise please?
I think they use the same dc pump in the 600i and the 100i, so they recommend a different level for each skimmer based on size. According to the manual, I should start at level 5 and the 1000i should start at level 7. So if you set the level too high, then it's running beyond its normal range.
 
Also wondering why would you slow the dc pump speed while running?
I think they use the same dc pump in the 600i and the 100i, so they recommend a different level for each skimmer based on size. According to the manual, I should start at level 5 and the 1000i should start at level 7. So if you set the level too high, then it's running beyond its normal range.
So I should set mine at level 70% and the gate half way closed?
 
Where is this manual? Do you have the link please? Thanks
 
Also wondering why would you slow the dc pump speed while running?

So I should set mine at level 70% and the gate half way closed?
Set it to 7 (70%) and adjust water level accordingly. My sump level (skimmer section) is approximately 8”, which is in the middle of their suggested range.
 
Set it to 7 (70%) and adjust water level accordingly. My sump level (skimmer section) is approximately 8”, which is in the middle of their suggested range.
Thanks for your help.
It's says tuen the water level adjuster in or out until the fine air bubbles start bursting-approximately halfway up the cup riser tube.

Is that the neck? Or above the neck?
 
I am Concerned ABOUT the Quality built of the acrylic Reviews say its raelly NOT as good as other brands, Cannot Justify paying more MONEY if Its Not up to What I would expect in a 600 plus skimmer. See Reefbum review>
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top