Detect ich, velvet etc. in healthy looking DT?

gettergejetter

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2020
Messages
49
Reaction score
65
Location
Basel, Switzerland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers,

in an other thread @bboileau92 hinted me to the microbiome test from Aquabiomics which is able to detect pathogens in an aquarium. Now I wonder if there are other ways to know/detect if there are some "dormant" pathogens/parasites like ich, velvet, flukes etc. in a completely healthy looking reef tank?

If I'm not wrong I think it's also possible to add fresh water Mollys but not sure how bullet proof this is.

Are there other known methods?
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top