Determining the molarity of an unknown acid.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2016
Messages
3,693
Reaction score
9,216
Location
Lakeland Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. Farley, If I wanted to determine the molarity of a sample of an unknown acid. What would I need to set up an accurate (and relatively inexpensive) acid base titration? The molarity of the acid sample is likely fairly low.
 
Dr. Farley, If I wanted to determine the molarity of a sample of an unknown acid. What would I need to set up an accurate (and relatively inexpensive) acid base titration? The molarity of the acid sample is likely fairly low.
Tagging :)
 
Yes, that would be the way, assuming you thought it a strong acid like hydrochloric or sulfuric. Titrate until the pH rises above 7.

If its a weak one such as acetic, that's a little more complicated, but still the way.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top