Diatoms...leave alone or can I wipe them off?

Philipgonzales3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2018
Messages
1,810
Reaction score
3,612
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm talking about on the rocks. Tank is just over

Tank is just a little over 2 months old, so just going through the diatom stage. I picked up 5 snails so far, but they seem to clean a very small area at a time. Like less than a square inch total a day between the 5 of them. Just a guesstimate.

I assume the answer is just to let them be, but figured I'd ask. Can I clean these off with a toothbrush or is it better to just let them be?

20190217_115200.jpg 20190217_115251.jpg 20190217_115227.jpg
 
Let it be, no real good way fighting other then limiting the food source.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top