Diatoms? Something else? Any help on how to get rid of.

Mattdavid121

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2020
Messages
71
Reaction score
20
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures, been googling, have seen it before. I think it’s diatoms, but not sure.
water parameters:
Nitrates: 5ppm
Alk: 8.3
Phosphates: 0.02
Calcium: 450
Magnesium: 1430
Salinity: 1.026
A50BCD19-3868-44A3-94F5-00A47098CD31.jpeg
995A88EC-3C54-4185-8A3A-8F122A39E0B0.jpeg
72B75199-4324-48A6-9A36-97D0BBF849AA.jpeg
FA58AA99-4A34-4054-AFC3-200EA3C2833C.jpeg
 
Detrious and a bunch of pinapple sponges. Nothing to take tank down but I would use the edge of a credit card and scrape then siphon away.
Clean filters thereafter.
What filtration are you using ?
 
I have a sump under my Red Sea 350. Two filter socks and a Nyos protein skimmer with an algae scrubber.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top