Did i just contaminate my display tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter big man
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

big man

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2021
Messages
168
Reaction score
41
Location
Sanjose
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just accidentally dipped the same hand from my qt in my display tank. The qt tank has a powderblue tang that doesn't seem to have any external or mabye any internal parasites. But I'm still not to sure. My hand was kind of dry before I dipped it in. How high is the risk of a parasite getting into my dt. Because I really don't want to lose all the fish I have in my tank because of a stupid mistake.?
 
"Stupid mistake", imo, the leading cause of most losses and setbacks in this hobby.... so yes there's the potential for cross contamination. At this point you either remove and treat fish and go fallow, or wait and see if any symptoms pop up before doing it. I would wait and observe before doing anything rash
 
Yeah I'll probably wait and see before doing anything too quick.
 
Many others may consider the system compromised and a risk to new fish(technically it is), regardless of weather any symptoms are ever expressed, if not fallowed/treated. I personally believe there is always some risk and solve problems that I have, rather than lockdown for what could happen.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top