Did I just restart my Fallow period?!!

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2020
Messages
3,868
Reaction score
1,966
Location
Hanford ca
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
So i went to feed my quarantine tank and took the lid off of it. From the precipitation it was wet, and from the sponge filter making splashes. I then came into the house and put the filter sock i had grabbed to replace in my display. I put the filter sock in, and then adjusted the power head in my sump, when I then realized I had just touched my quarantine tank without washing my hands.

Did i just restart my 14 day progress of being fallow? What do you guys think?? Ah im banging my head for this
 
I'd vote for yes. While small there would have been cross contamination so why take the risk.
 
I didn’t stick my hands in the tank , just the lid had water from it on it. Do you think ich would survive on a lid outside
 
I’m 14 days at 2.5ppm copper power. The tomonts don’t you think fall off to the bottom?
 
Why fourteen days? Fallow periods are typically 45 days or 72 (76) days. 14 or 30 days is the period often used for dosing copper. Going fallow in a display for fourteen days will not ensure the disruption (and elimination) of either the ich or velvet cycle.
 
Are you dosing copper in your display with rocks and sand? Don't think that would be a good idea as the rocks and sand can soak in the copper and leach it out later
 
He's saying he cross contaminate from his qt tank to his display tank. He started his fallow period 14 days ago on display tank. To answer the question, yes restart it. Better to be safe than sorry.
 
Why fourteen days? Fallow periods are typically 45 days or 72 (76) days. 14 or 30 days is the period often used for dosing copper. Going fallow in a display for fourteen days will not ensure the disruption (and elimination) of either the ich or velvet cycle.
No I’m 14 days in on a 76 day fallow.
Are you dosing copper in your display with rocks and sand? Don't think that would be a good idea as the rocks and sand can soak in the copper and leach it out later
No I have separate quarantine tanks but I touched the lid and then stuck my hand in the sump of my display.
He's saying he cross contaminate from his qt tank to his display tank. He started his fallow period 14 days ago on display tank. To answer the question, yes restart it. Better to be safe than sorry.
Thanks bro I know… ahhh
this eradication better work in the end
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top