Did I mount this torch in too tight an area

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thor2j
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Thor2j

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,155
Reaction score
512
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all, should I move it??

Thanks

da4ed99e6e39e2ed8e061901f8ded516.jpg
 
No I think you will be fine....corals in the wild are all nestled up in tight little space anyway...unless your actually crushing it I would say it's good....best thing you can do is pay attention to the coral, it will let you know if it's happy in that spot or not...that pic looks like it's doing just fine tho
 
Not a lot of room for it to wave around without hitting rock though, not ideal placement IMO
 
IT kind of looks like Euphyllia Cristata (Grape Coral) could be wrong though. Either way move it to a spot that has medium open flow and you should be good. Nice piece
 
Seems very happy where it is. Gets good flow back and forth so im leaving it for now. I'll keep an eye on it.
 
Oh, also now realize that it's a frogs pawn not a torch.
 
I don't think it is frogspawn, I think it is grape coral to be honest. Awsome looking coral looks nice though
 
The marine biologist at one of the 3 licensed coral propagators in Orlando was at my house and said that's what it was. That's all I'm going by, not saying your wrong .
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top