DiscoBiscuit's 200 gallon chain jewelry box

DiscoBiscuit

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2017
Messages
131
Reaction score
43
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from Jacksonville, long time away from hobby and coming back hard.
Designing a 120 gallon tank

on top of a Triton 44 sump

Chaining in an 80 gal frag display tank in custom 48 x 48 x 8 dimensions at a later date.

Getting carpenter to build custom stand for max form and function

Using a single Iwaki MD100rlt to pump the system but space for another chained pump in future.

Custom wooden box over pump to mask noise and manage heat airflow

Mentally designing plumbing now.

Tank goal is maximum stability. Built it right the first time and leave it.

Maybe selling frags out of future frag tank.

Getting SC Aquariums 120 (hopefully non tempered) and drilling some return holes.

Bean Animal overflow.

Apex controller.

Doser later

Aquamaxx ConeS CO-2 skimmer

2 Kessil A360's

Osmolator Ato

6 stage rodi

What do you guys think so far?
 
Invoice tank system.PNG
 
Are SC Aquariums tempered?
 
Get'Er Done!! Inventory looks on point... dunno if those tunze turbelle are gonna be enough flow
 
Get'Er Done!! Inventory looks on point... dunno if those tunze turbelle are gonna be enough flow
Good thing about flow is you can always get more!
 
Does anyone have the blueprints for a 120 gall diy stand. My google fu is very week today.
 
Also does anyone have additive recommendations to get my cycled kicked off and live rock and sand recommendations?
 
Welcome to reef2reef! List looks good.

You can check out my build thread for stand ideas.

Live rock is a good idea, but make sure it's cured. I've always just through some table shrimp pieces in to get my cycling started. I'm a patient man.
 
There are no words to describe how ****** the crews and the rest of the process was putting together the table thingie I've mounted this incredible bosch saw to.

Don't ever buy portamate.

Beside what seemed like the literal day from hell, I finally look like I'm almost ready to make something.

24130075_10214459113251628_3738606633548893276_o.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top