Discosoma mushrooms small and not growing

Aquavaj

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2018
Messages
750
Reaction score
444
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got 3 small ones (2 red, 1 green) about 5 months ago. They were probably nickle size when fully open and were doing great in a 40g. They're now in a 120g for 2 months and I have yet to see them fully open like they use to. They're not **** off but they don't look fully happy either. A ricordea I got only a month ago has split twice and always fully open. The hairy mushroom also opens to it's full size too. The green one is right by the ricordea and the red ones are on the other end of the tank. All are attached to small rocks on the sand bed.
 
Got 3 small ones (2 red, 1 green) about 5 months ago. They were probably nickle size when fully open and were doing great in a 40g. They're now in a 120g for 2 months and I have yet to see them fully open like they use to. They're not **** off but they don't look fully happy either. A ricordea I got only a month ago has split twice and always fully open. The hairy mushroom also opens to it's full size too. The green one is right by the ricordea and the red ones are on the other end of the tank. All are attached to small rocks on the sand bed.
My shrooms did the same thing when I upgraded tanks, mine were in too much light which caused them to shrink up.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top