Ditched the actinics for more natural "moonlight" shots

ClownWrangler

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2020
Messages
680
Reaction score
649
Location
Tacoma, WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The galaxy S7 has a crappy camera, but I found the hidden "expert" mode, which helps quite a bit. I played around with the color tone settings for a while to get accurate colors, but the auto setting really murders the ISO and exposure. Adjusting those settings manually makes a world of difference. The camera is useless at night without doing this. I was playing around with a white point light source at night to get the chiaroscuro effect. I'm quite pleased with the results.


1623967148657.png
20210615_020126.jpg
20210615_020140.jpg
 
Cool whites or warm white leds make good moonlighting too! Lol.
Im using royal blues and a turn knob style dimmer.
D

I'm starting to play around with white lighting more. I love the "Avatar" look of corals under strong actinic, but I also love the lagoon under moonlight look. It's a good thing I have multiple tanks to play with. I noticed some nems look good in natural light and some are just brown. Some goes for corals. Paly. grandis is one that looks good under white light. White CREE LEDs do put out some UV, which helps bring out the colors without turning everything blue as well. These pictures were taken using an LED headlamp.
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top