DIY 48"x24"x12" frag tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter bc29
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

bc29

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2015
Messages
7
Reaction score
6
Location
HamptonRoads
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I will soon be building a frag tank 4'L x 2'W x 1'T

I used a glass thickness calculator with euro bracing and these were the results:

Glass Thickness = 1/4"
Approximate Gallons = 60

Bottom = 47 1/2 " x 23 1/2"
Front = 48 " x 12"
Back = 48 " x 12"
2 Sides = 12 " x 23 1/2"
Top Front/Back brace = 47 1/2 " x 2"
Top Sides brace = 23 1/2 " x 2"

So i was curious if this sounds about right for glass thickness (1/4")?
Also should i add glass strips in the bottom inside on the edges for extra support?

Any help would be much appreciated!
 
I previously had a glass cages tank with those dimensions (Euro braced) and I know it was thicker than 1/4". Not sure if it was 5/16" or 3/8". My buddy has another custom tank (unknown mfg) with those dimensions as well (rimless) and I'm pretty sure his is 3/8".

Hope that helps.
-Ed
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top