DIY floating light mount with 80/20 extruded aluminum

DIY Floating Light Mount! The ultimate peninsula light stand explained.

After getting a ton of question on my light mount i decided to do a video explaining it all.

Let me know if you guys have any questions
I have a 90 gal wave tank and my husband is looking to mount a couple of Mars Aqua 165 watt LED lights above the tank. Any recommendations? Where did you get the materials that you used to make your brackets? Live about 1 1/2 hours away from you. Thanks.

start up.JPG
 
DIY Floating Light Mount! The ultimate peninsula light stand explained.

After getting a ton of question on my light mount i decided to do a video explaining it all.

Let me know if you guys have any questions


Amazing information, Thank you! I know i'm digging up an old thread but this is exactly what I was looking for. Any issues since installed? ps what lighting schedule are you running? looks Good!
 
I'm in Canada and ordered from a place in Calgary I used 15 series on my tank it you "may" want to do 20 series for xr30s. I believe the weight on the 4 xr15 was 18-20 lbs as a reference

@shiftline where in Calgary did you buy all this? Hoping they are still around so I can source for a new build locally
 
Still going strong! I fact I’m doing an upgrade soon and moving the light bar to the new one!

Lighting schedule. I did post the file on ReefDudes.com if you search for radion or schedule it should come up

I believe the place I ordered that parts from was CPI automation
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top