DIY LED for SPS (ecotech radion cluster) Suggestion please !

ankitgandre

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2014
Messages
24
Reaction score
12
Location
India
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends,
I m planing to build a DIY LED Cluster for SPS tank. Need huge suggestions on the lighting/colors/leds/wattage.

Details about my tank:

Dimensions: 3ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft i.e 49 Gallons
Skimmer: Reef Octopus NWB 110


Targeting this LED only for SPS tank.
Below is the design i have planned for :


attachment.php


LED Specs :

LED: Bridgelux led 3W each
Total : 81 Watts

Royal Blue - 11
Blue - 4
Warm White - 2
Red - 1
Green -1
White - 8

I will make 3 panels like this so total will be 243 Watts.


Please help.
smile.gif
eyemouth.gif
 
This looks cool, I have nothing of any value to add other than I would love to see the process. Are you going to get some custom PCBs made?
 
Hey than for the link..
I just want to make sure the colour spectrum i have choose is correct. or else everything is try n error. :squigglemouth:

Dese r not custom made pcs sheet. normal pcb 3w leds. i have just made the placement of the less in this way ;)
 
Hey than for the link..
I just want to make sure the colour spectrum i have choose is correct. or else everything is try n error. :squigglemouth:

Dese r not custom made pcb sheet. normal pcb 3w leds. i have just made the placement of the LEDs in this way ;)
 
Oh ok, I'm no expert, but that looks like allot of light over a 49 gallon tank. Your corals are going to need sunglasses! Hopefully someone will be able to give you a more informed response. Maybe you should post this in the LED specific forum.

LED Lighting Specific
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top