A Turn of Misfortune
I often inspect my Acros throuht out the day. Ive been off work lately and I've been getting some extra glass time. A few days ago, on one of my Acros inspections, I noticed some bite marks on the underside of one of my corals. I dipped it and sure enough a couple of FLAT WORMS! Immediately put it in my refugium for 7 weeks of dipping. Couple days later more bite marks and more Acros removed. Several days later, more!
So now all my Acros are out of the display in my new frag tank and under going 10 weeks of Coral Rx dips every 5 days.
Acroless Display
All encrusted areas have been glued and epoxied over to kill food source. My display looks naked!
Frag Tank
Every Acro I own. It is absolutely jam packed in there! I have it set up to pull the whole rack and dip all frags to mini colonies in one shot, then colonies after.
Not All Bad
I'm really glad I caught this early before I lost anything. Most corals had nothing on them and they seem happy with dips, like a fresh shower on a humid day. Also I get to notice features of some corals I hadn't noticed before. This one (pictured) was kind of hidden in the back on the left side of my display. I never seen how beautiful it really is. An absolutley killer $40 frag from around 8 months ago. This expirence, if it goes smoothly, will also alow me to better place some of these. Very hopeful and optamistic and this point!
Stay passionate!