Do I chance it on another Aqueon or Marineland?

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2022
Messages
5,457
Reaction score
7,968
Location
Easton
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m having difficulties finding a 75-gallon Marineland or SeaPora tank! Do I take my chances on getting another 75-gallon Aqueon tank? The first leaked after just over a month. Are they all bad tanks or end up leaking overtime or do you think it was a fluke? I have a little tank and used to have a 10 gallon Aqueon for years. So I’m wondering if I should get another one?
 
I’m having difficulties finding a 75-gallon Marineland or SeaPora tank! Do I take my chances on getting another 75-gallon Aqueon tank? The first leaked after just over a month. Are they all bad tanks or end up leaking overtime or do you think it was a fluke? I have a little tank and used to have a 10 gallon Aqueon for years. So I’m wondering if I should get another one?
I think they are probably just poorer quality overall, and short of a 20gallon long for quarantine tank, I wouldn't trust anything larger for long term.

Depending where you are, you could look for second hand tanks either at your LFS or local listings/reef clubs. Plenty of people bail out of the hobby due to not properly researching or having the dedication to continue to overcome the challenges of reefing.
 
I’m having difficulties finding a 75-gallon Marineland or SeaPora tank! Do I take my chances on getting another 75-gallon Aqueon tank? The first leaked after just over a month. Are they all bad tanks or end up leaking overtime or do you think it was a fluke? I have a little tank and used to have a 10 gallon Aqueon for years. So I’m wondering if I should get another one?
Where is Easton located? I have a 75 that needs a home here in Charlotte
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top