Do I only need one ai prime for my 24 by 24 cube?

Gabe aqua

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2022
Messages
254
Reaction score
79
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a Kessil A160WE currently which I am going to sell as soon as my 30 days are up but I am going to buy an ai prime do I only need one to support a mixed coral tank? My tank is a 24x24 cube. Currently I am cycling my tank and waiting for my other fish to arrive so I have time to buy the light.
 
Ai primes on a 24x24? I'd run 4. At 2, you're still going to have significant shadowing issues and poor coloration at the front of the tank.


2 primes and a pair of light bars might do better. Although at that point, 4 light bars is probably better than 2+2.
 
Upvote 0
Ai primes on a 24x24? I'd run 4. At 2, you're still going to have significant shadowing issues and poor coloration at the front of the tank.


2 primes and a pair of light bars might do better. Although at that point, 4 light bars is probably better than 2+2.
What kind of light bars what brand and is there any chance you can send me a picture of your tank?
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top