Do these silicone seams look ok to you?

Bluefish9

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2016
Messages
286
Reaction score
344
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started filling my 150xh. Im about an inch from full and I noticed these marks in the front silicone seams. I wish I remembered if they were there or not before I started to fill it.
IMG_7959.JPG
IMG_7958.JPG
 
Hmmmm..........is the tank new?
 
Not good I can tell you that.
Any bubbles, glass or acrylic, in the joint will tend to seperate over time.
What's the size of the tank?
IMO it's a ticking time bomb.
If you wanna take a chance take pics every week of the seams with air and see if it get worse.
Remember if the air pockets get bigger you already are to late.
Some ppl will say it's the inside corner seam that keeps the tank together well partly true but it's the whole seam that works.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top